Background and History:
Dijon Pork with Apples and Cabbage is a delightful blend of sweet and savory flavors, bringing together the natural goodness of pork, crisp apples, and tender cabbage. While the origin of this dish is not well-documented, it is a modern creation that reflects the timeless appeal of combining pork with apples—a classic pairing in many culinary traditions.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 2 apples, cored and sliced
- 4 cups cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh thyme or parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Dijon mustard, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Place the pork chops in a resealable bag or shallow dish and pour half of the Dijon mixture over them. Seal the bag or cover the dish and marinate for about 10 minutes.
- On a sheet pan, spread out the sliced apples and cabbage. Drizzle with the remaining Dijon mixture, and toss to coat evenly.
- Place the marinated pork chops on top of the apples and cabbage.
- Roast in the preheated oven for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until the pork is cooked to an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C), and the cabbage is tender.
- Garnish with fresh thyme or parsley, if desired.
- Calories: Approximately 300 per serving
- Protein: Around 25g
- Carbohydrates: Approximately 20g
- Fat: About 12g
- Use your preferred type of apple, such as Granny Smith for a tart flavor or Gala for sweetness.
- This dish is great for a well-balanced meal with a blend of protein, fiber, and vitamins.
- The savory-sweet combination makes it an ideal choice for a cozy dinner.
- Pay attention to potential allergens in the Dijon mustard or any specific dietary requirements.
Savor the delightful blend of sweet and savory flavors with our Dijon Pork with Apples and Cabbage, a modern dish that captures the essence of the timeless pairing of pork and apples. This easy and wholesome meal is perfect for a cozy dinner.