Background and History:
Chorizo Street Tacos are a flavorful and popular Mexican street food that brings together the bold taste of chorizo sausage and the simplicity of street food. Originating in Mexico, these tacos have become a worldwide sensation, known for their spicy kick and delicious combination of flavors.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound fresh chorizo sausage, removed from casings
- 8 small corn or flour tortillas
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco (or feta cheese)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Hot sauce, for serving (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove the chorizo sausage from its casings and crumble it into the hot skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until it’s browned and cooked through (about 7-8 minutes).
- While the chorizo is cooking, warm the tortillas in a separate, dry skillet or in the oven. Keep them warm in a clean kitchen towel.
- Assemble the tacos: Spoon a generous portion of cooked chorizo onto each tortilla.
- Top with chopped onions, fresh cilantro, diced tomatoes, and crumbled queso fresco.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over each taco, and add hot sauce if you prefer some heat.
- Serve your Easy Chorizo Street Tacos hot and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts: (Per serving, 2 tacos)
- Calories: 450
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fat: 28g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 4g
- You can customize your tacos with additional toppings like avocado, sour cream, or salsa.
- Chorizo is available in different levels of spiciness, so choose according to your taste.
- Use corn tortillas for an authentic street taco experience, or opt for flour tortillas if you prefer.
Please be cautious of any allergies to specific ingredients, especially when it comes to spicy foods or cheese. Always check for individual dietary restrictions and allergies before serving.