Background and History:
Pork fried rice is a beloved and versatile dish that finds its roots in Chinese cuisine. This stir-fried delight combines cooked rice with savory pork, mixed vegetables, and a flavorful combination of sauces and seasonings. Its history dates back to ancient China, where it was created to make the most of leftover rice and ingredients, creating a delicious and satisfying meal.
- 2 cups cooked and cooled white rice
- 200g boneless pork, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1/2 cup diced bell peppers
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Sliced green onions for garnish
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sesame oil. Set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the beaten eggs and scramble them. Once cooked, transfer them to a plate.
- In the same wok, add more oil if needed and stir-fry the pork slices until they are no longer pink. Remove them and set aside.
- In the wok, add a bit more oil, and then add the minced garlic, bell peppers, and the thawed peas and carrots. Stir-fry for a few minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the cooked rice to the wok and stir-fry it with the vegetables.
- Pour the prepared sauce over the rice and mix well.
- Add the cooked pork and scrambled eggs to the wok, stirring to combine.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, garnished with sliced green onions.
Nutrition Facts: (Per serving)
- Calories: 380
- Total Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 105mg
- Sodium: 580mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 46g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 18g
- Customize your pork fried rice with additional ingredients like shrimp, chicken, or your favorite vegetables.
- Be cautious of any pork or soy allergies among your diners. Adapt the recipe as needed to accommodate any dietary restrictions or allergies.