Background and History:
Avocado toast is a popular and trendy breakfast option known for its simplicity and health benefits. While the exact origin of this dish is unclear, it gained widespread popularity in the 21st century, especially in health-conscious communities.
- 2 slices of whole-grain bread
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: red pepper flakes, diced tomatoes, feta cheese, or fresh herbs
- Start by toasting your whole-grain bread until it reaches your desired level of crispiness.
- While the bread is toasting, cut the ripe avocado in half, remove the pit, and scoop the flesh into a bowl. Mash it with a fork and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a separate pan, cook two eggs to your preference (poached, fried, or scrambled).
- Once the bread is toasted, spread the mashed avocado evenly on both slices.
- Top the avocado toast with your cooked eggs and any optional toppings you desire.
- Sprinkle with a bit more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your delicious and nutritious avocado toast with egg.
Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Avocado toast with egg is a nutrient-rich breakfast. Avocado provides healthy fats, fiber, and various vitamins and minerals, while eggs offer a good source of protein. Whole-grain bread adds complex carbohydrates and more fiber.
- You can customize your avocado toast with various toppings, such as red pepper flakes for a spicy kick or diced tomatoes and feta cheese for added flavor.
- Feel free to experiment with different bread types, but whole-grain or sourdough bread is a popular and healthy choice.
This dish contains eggs, so individuals with egg allergies should avoid it.