Background and History:
Baked Halibut with Crispy Panko is a culinary masterpiece that combines the mild and delicate flavors of halibut with the irresistible crunch of panko breadcrumbs. While the specific origin of this dish may be elusive, it’s a testament to the creativity of modern seafood cuisine, offering a delightful contrast in texture and taste.
- 4 halibut fillets (6-8 oz each)
- 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Time: 10 minutes (prep), 20 minutes (cooking)
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Season the halibut fillets with salt and pepper and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine panko breadcrumbs, melted butter, and chopped parsley. Mix well to create a breadcrumb mixture.
- Spread the breadcrumb mixture evenly over the top of each halibut fillet, pressing it down lightly to adhere.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the fillets for a burst of flavor.
- Bake the halibut in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until the fish is opaque and the panko topping is golden brown.
- Serve your Baked Halibut with Crispy Panko hot, garnished with additional fresh parsley, and lemon wedges on the side.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories: 280
- Protein: 30g
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 2g
- Halibut’s mild flavor pairs perfectly with the crispy texture of panko breadcrumbs, creating a delightful contrast.
- Customize your breadcrumb mixture with your favorite herbs and spices for added flavor.
- Be cautious if you or your guests have allergies to fish, gluten, or dairy (from the butter).
- Check for potential cross-contamination or substitute ingredients as needed for any allergies or dietary restrictions.
Enjoy your homemade Baked Halibut with Crispy Panko, a dish that elevates halibut to new heights with a delightful and satisfying crunch.