Background and History
Baked Split Chicken Breast is a wholesome and versatile dish that has been enjoyed for generations. It’s a simple way to prepare chicken that maximizes flavor and tenderness. Split chicken breasts, known for their bone-in and skin-on characteristics, have been a staple in home cooking for years. They provide a hearty and delicious meal for families around the world.
- 2 split chicken breasts (bone-in, skin-on)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Optional seasonings: rosemary, thyme, or lemon zest
Serves: 2 Time: 5 minutes (preparation), 45-50 minutes (cooking) Cooking Time: 45-50 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place the split chicken breasts on a baking sheet or in a baking dish.
- Drizzle olive oil over the chicken, ensuring they’re evenly coated.
- In a small bowl, mix salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. If desired, add any optional seasonings for extra flavor.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture evenly over the chicken breasts, rubbing it in gently.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). The skin should be crispy, and the juices should run clear when the chicken is pierced.
- Once done, remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve your Baked Split Chicken Breast with your choice of side dishes and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)
- Calories: 350-400 (varies based on size)
- Protein: 35-40g
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- Fat: 24-28g
- Fiber: 0g
- You can customize the seasonings to your preference. Try adding herbs like rosemary or thyme for a fragrant twist.
- Ensure the chicken reaches the recommended internal temperature to guarantee it’s thoroughly cooked and safe to eat.
- Be mindful of any potential allergens in seasonings or optional ingredients and adjust the recipe accordingly.