Flatbread Breakfast Pizza is a delicious and creative way to start your day. Combining the convenience of pizza with the flavors of a classic breakfast, this dish is sure to satisfy your morning cravings. Here’s a guide to making this delightful meal.
Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 2 flatbreads (store-bought or homemade)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of cooked and crumbled bacon or sausage (vegetarian alternatives are also great)
- 1/4 cup of diced bell peppers
- 1/4 cup of diced onions
- 1/4 cup of diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup of fresh spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Fresh herbs (e.g., chives, parsley) for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the flatbreads on a baking sheet or pizza stone.
- In a small skillet, sauté the diced onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms in a bit of olive oil until they are tender. Remove from heat.
- While the sautéed vegetables are cooling, in another skillet, cook the bacon or sausage until it’s crisp. Crumble it into bits and set it aside.
- On each flatbread, spread a thin layer of mozzarella cheese. Leave a small border around the edges for the crust.
- Distribute the sautéed vegetables, crumbled bacon or sausage, diced tomatoes, and spinach leaves evenly over the cheese.
- Carefully crack two eggs onto each flatbread, keeping them in the center.
- Season with salt and pepper to your preference.
- Place the flatbreads in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 10 minutes or until the egg whites are set and the yolks are still slightly runny (or to your desired doneness).
- Once out of the oven, sprinkle the flatbreads with fresh herbs, and drizzle a bit of olive oil over the top.
- Slice your flatbread breakfast pizza into wedges and serve immediately.
(Note: Nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients and portion sizes.)
- Calories: Approximately 350-400 per serving
- Protein: 16-20 grams
- Carbohydrates: 25-30 grams
- Fat: 20-25 grams
- Fiber: 3-5 grams
- You can customize your Flatbread Breakfast Pizza with your favorite breakfast ingredients like avocado, different cheeses, or even a drizzle of hot sauce for some heat.
- Flatbreads are a versatile base, but you can also use pizza dough or tortillas.
- Ensure the eggs are cooked to your liking. Some prefer them fully cooked, while others enjoy a slightly runny yolk.
- This recipe is easily adaptable for vegetarians by using meat alternatives or additional veggies.
Please be mindful of food allergies or dietary restrictions. Adjust ingredients accordingly.