Background and History:
Spicy Garlic Salmon is a delectable dish that brings together the bold flavors of garlic and spice with the tender, flaky goodness of salmon. While it may not have a long history, it has quickly become a favorite for those who enjoy a zesty kick in their seafood.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to your spice preference)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place the salmon fillets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the minced garlic, olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper.
- Drizzle the garlic mixture evenly over the salmon fillets.
- Place lemon slices on top of the salmon for extra flavor.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
- Preparation: 5 minutes
- Cooking: 12-15 minutes
- Calories: 325 per serving
- Protein: 39g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fat: 17g
- Fiber: 1g
- You can adjust the level of spiciness by adding more or fewer red pepper flakes.
- Serve with your choice of side dishes, such as steamed vegetables or rice.
- Check for seafood allergies if preparing this dish for guests.