Background and History:
The panini, originating from Italy, is a grilled sandwich that’s become a worldwide sensation. Our Turkey Avocado Panini brings a fresh twist, combining tender turkey slices, creamy avocado, and zesty mayonnaise, all nestled between two toasty slices of bread.
- 2 slices of whole-grain bread
- 4 ounces of sliced turkey
- 1/2 ripe avocado, sliced
- 2 slices of cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- Preheat your panini press or grill pan.
- Assemble your panini: Place a slice of cheddar cheese on one slice of bread, followed by turkey slices and avocado. Spread mayonnaise on the other slice of bread and place it on top.
- Brush the outside of the sandwich with olive oil.
- Place the sandwich in the preheated panini press or grill pan.
- Grill for 3-5 minutes, or until the bread is crispy and golden, and the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the heat, cut in half, and serve hot.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 460
- Total Fat: 26g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Sodium: 860mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 34g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 25g
- Customize your panini with additional toppings like spinach, tomatoes, or bacon.
- You can use a regular grill pan or even a heavy skillet if you don’t have a panini press.
This recipe contains dairy (cheese and mayonnaise) and gluten (bread). If you have allergies to these ingredients, please exercise caution or make suitable substitutions.