Background and History:
Yogurt Parfait is a versatile and delightful dish that has its origins in French cuisine, where “parfait” means “perfect.” It’s a balanced and flavorful combination of yogurt, fresh fruits, granola, and honey. This dish is loved for its simplicity, health benefits, and the ability to customize it to your taste.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 0 minutes
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup mixed fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- 1/2 cup granola
- 2 tablespoons honey
- A pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Start by choosing two serving glasses or bowls.
- Begin with a layer of Greek yogurt at the bottom.
- Add a layer of mixed fresh berries on top of the yogurt.
- Sprinkle granola as the next layer.
- Drizzle honey over the granola for sweetness.
- If desired, add a pinch of cinnamon for extra flavor.
- Repeat the layers until your glass or bowl is full.
- Finish with a drizzle of honey on top.
- Serve your Yogurt Parfait immediately.
Nutrition Facts: (Per serving)
- Calories: 350
- Protein: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 60g
- Fat: 6g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugars: 32g
- Yogurt Parfait is highly customizable with various fruits, nuts, or seeds.
- It’s a nutritious breakfast or snack that offers a balance of protein, fiber, and antioxidants.
- Perfect for those looking for a quick, healthy, and delicious meal.
Please be cautious of any allergies to specific ingredients, especially nuts or dairy. Always check for individual dietary restrictions and allergies before serving.