Background and History:
Air Fryer Lobster Tails with Lemon-Garlic Butter is a modern twist on a classic seafood delicacy. Lobster tails have been enjoyed as a gourmet dish for centuries, but the air fryer brings a contemporary and convenient cooking method to elevate their flavor and texture. This dish combines the richness of lobster with the zesty freshness of lemon and garlic for a truly special meal.
- 2 lobster tails
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 12-15 minutes
- Start by thawing the lobster tails if they are frozen. You can do this by placing them in the refrigerator for 8-10 hours or using a quick thawing method.
- Use kitchen shears to cut the top shell of the lobster tails down the center. Be careful not to cut through the tail.
- Gently pull the meat from the shell, keeping it attached at the base.
- Season the lobster meat with a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Preheat your air fryer to 380°F (190°C).
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter, minced garlic, lemon zest, and lemon juice. This is your lemon-garlic butter.
- Brush the lobster tails with the lemon-garlic butter, ensuring they are well-coated.
- Place the lobster tails in the air fryer basket, shell side down.
- Air fry for 12-15 minutes, depending on the size of the lobster tails. The meat should be opaque and firm when done.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve immediately, with extra lemon-garlic butter on the side.
- Calories: 230
- Protein: 20g
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sugars: 1g
- Ensure the lobster tails are fully thawed for even cooking.
- You can customize the flavor by adding your favorite herbs or spices to the lemon-garlic butter.
This dish contains shellfish and butter, which can be allergens for some individuals. Ensure there are no allergies to any of the ingredients used, and consider omitting or substituting any problematic components accordingly.