Background and History:
Salmon has been a staple in the diets of people living near rivers and oceans for centuries. Baking salmon with a flavorful topping is a classic way to prepare this nutritious fish. The Best Salmon Bake recipe combines the richness of salmon with a savory topping, making it a delectable and healthy dish.
- 2 salmon fillets (6-8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the salmon fillets on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a bowl, mix together the olive oil, minced garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, chopped parsley, chopped dill, breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper. The mixture should form a loose paste.
- Spread the paste evenly over the top of the salmon fillets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- If desired, broil the salmon for an additional 2-3 minutes to give the topping a golden finish.
- Serve the Best Salmon Bake hot, garnished with fresh dill and lemon wedges.
Time: 10 minutes preparation, 15-18 minutes cooking
Cooking Time: 15-18 minutes
- Calories: 350 per serving
- Protein: 35g
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 2g
- The salmon should be cooked until it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C).
- You can customize the topping by adding ingredients like capers, chopped olives, or grated Parmesan cheese for extra flavor.
- This recipe contains fish (salmon) and breadcrumbs, which may contain gluten. If you have fish or gluten allergies, please use suitable alternatives.