Background and History:
Cajun Air Fryer Salmon is a delicious dish that combines the bold flavors of Cajun seasoning with the quick and convenient cooking method of the air fryer. Cajun cuisine, originating from Louisiana, is known for its spicy and savory profiles, making it a perfect match for salmon’s natural richness.
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: fresh herbs for garnish
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for about 5 minutes.
- While the air fryer is heating, rub the salmon fillets with Cajun seasoning, making sure to coat them evenly. Drizzle olive oil over the fillets and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon fillets in the air fryer basket, making sure they are not overcrowded. You may need to cook them in batches.
- Cook the salmon in the air fryer for 8-10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets. You can check for doneness by using a fork to see if the salmon flakes easily.
- While the salmon is cooking, you can place lemon slices in the air fryer for the last 2-3 minutes to add a zesty flavor.
- Once the salmon is cooked, remove it from the air fryer and garnish with fresh herbs if desired.
- Serve your Cajun Air Fryer Salmon hot with your favorite side dishes.
- Serving Size: 1 fillet
- Calories: Approximately 300
- Protein: Approximately 30g
- Fat: Approximately 15g
- Carbohydrates: Minimal
- Fiber: Minimal
- Sugars: Minimal
- Adjust the Cajun seasoning to your spice preference.
- Cooking times may vary depending on your air fryer model and the thickness of the salmon fillets.
- Ensure that the Cajun seasoning you use does not contain any allergens that you or your guests are sensitive to. Always check the product labels for allergen information.