Background and History:
Baked ham steaks are a quick and flavorful dish that’s ideal for any meal. Ham, preserved pork, has been a culinary staple for centuries, with evidence of ham preparation dating back to ancient times. This recipe offers a simple way to enjoy succulent ham steaks, whether for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and is perfect for both seasoned chefs and beginners.
- 2 ham steaks, about 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, Dijon mustard, pineapple juice, and ground cloves to make a glaze.
- Place the ham steaks on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Brush the ham steaks with the glaze, making sure to coat them evenly.
- Bake the ham steaks in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until they are heated through and the glaze is caramelized.
- Serve your easy baked ham steaks hot, with any remaining glaze drizzled over the top.
Nutrition Facts: (Per serving, excluding optional toppings)
- Calories: 300
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Sodium: 1200mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 18g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 16g
- Protein: 30g
- You can customize the glaze by adding ingredients like honey or maple syrup for different flavor profiles.
- Be aware of any mustard or pineapple allergies among your diners. Adapt the recipe as needed to accommodate any dietary restrictions or allergies.