Background and History:
One-pan dinners have long been cherished for their convenience and rich flavors. This Easy One-Pan Pork and Squash Dinner blends the tenderness of pork with the sweetness of squash, providing a modern twist on the beloved concept of one-pan cooking.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh thyme leaves for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- On a large oven-safe skillet or sheet pan, combine the cubed butternut squash, sliced red onion, and minced garlic.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with dried sage, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- Place the pork chops on top of the squash mixture.
- Season the pork chops with salt, pepper, and a pinch of dried sage.
- Roast in the preheated oven for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until the pork is cooked through and the squash is tender.
- Garnish with fresh thyme leaves, if desired.
- Calories: Approximately 350 per serving
- Protein: Around 25g
- Carbohydrates: Approximately 20g
- Fat: About 15g
- Customize the dish with your preferred pork seasoning or other root vegetables like sweet potatoes or carrots.
- This meal offers a delightful balance of protein and fiber, making it a satisfying and well-rounded dinner.
- Be mindful of potential allergens in the ingredients used and specific dietary requirements.
Indulge in the simplicity and warmth of Easy One-Pan Pork and Squash Dinner, a modern take on the classic notion of one-pan cooking that combines tender pork with the earthy sweetness of butternut squash. This easy-to-make dish is perfect for a wholesome and hassle-free dinner.