Background and History:
Beef Bulgogi is a beloved Korean dish renowned for its sweet and savory flavors. Traditionally, it’s made by marinating thinly sliced beef in a flavorful mixture of soy sauce, sugar, and various seasonings, then grilling or stir-frying it. This sheet pan version simplifies the process by roasting all the ingredients together, making it a quick and delicious dinner option.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1.5 pounds thinly sliced beef (e.g., ribeye or sirloin)
- 4 cups mixed bell peppers and onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mirin (rice wine)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Cooked rice for serving
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the minced garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, mirin, sesame oil, and sesame seeds.
- Add the thinly sliced beef to the bowl and toss to coat it in the marinade. Allow it to marinate for about 10 minutes.
- On a sheet pan, arrange the marinated beef and the sliced bell peppers and onions.
- Roast in the preheated oven for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until the beef is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and serve with cooked rice.
- Calories: Approximately 400 per serving
- Protein: Around 25g
- Carbohydrates: Approximately 20g
- Fat: About 25g
- Customize the level of sweetness and heat by adjusting the amount of brown sugar and red pepper flakes.
- For added flavor, you can drizzle with additional marinade or sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
- Traditionally, Beef Bulgogi is often served with lettuce leaves for wrapping, but this sheet pan version simplifies the presentation.
- Ensure that the ingredients used do not contain allergens specific to your dietary requirements.
Enjoy the delectable fusion of sweet and savory flavors with our Easy Sheet Pan Beef Bulgogi, a simplified take on the classic Korean dish that brings thinly sliced beef and colorful vegetables together in one sheet pan, perfect for a quick and delicious dinner.