Background and History:
Grilled salmon sandwiches are a delightful and healthy choice for seafood enthusiasts. Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, and when combined with a zesty dill sauce, it creates a mouthwatering experience.
- 4 salmon fillets
- 4 whole-grain hamburger buns
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon capers, chopped
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Lettuce, tomato, and red onion slices (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and black pepper.
- Place the salmon fillets on the grill and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- While the salmon is grilling, you can prepare the dill sauce. In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, fresh dill, lemon juice, and capers. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast the whole-grain buns on the grill until they are lightly browned.
- Assemble your sandwiches by spreading the dill sauce on the toasted buns. Place a grilled salmon fillet on the bun, and add lettuce, tomato, and red onion slices if desired.
- Serve your grilled salmon sandwiches with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!
- Calories per serving: Approximately 350 calories (may vary based on specific ingredients and serving sizes).
- Salmon is a great source of protein, healthy fats, and essential nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids.
- You can customize your sandwich with additional toppings like avocado, pickles, or cheese.
- Adjust the dill sauce’s ingredients to suit your taste preferences.
- Grilled vegetables like zucchini or bell peppers make a fantastic side dish.
- If you have a seafood or mustard allergy, please avoid this dish. Be cautious about cross-contamination during preparation and cooking.