Background and History:
Grilled Salmon Steaks Italian-Style is a delightful dish that combines the freshness of salmon with the bold flavors of Italian cuisine. This recipe offers a perfect balance of healthy, protein-rich salmon and the rich, aromatic taste of Italian herbs and spices.
- 4 salmon steaks
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to your spice preference)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, minced garlic, dried oregano, dried basil, dried thyme, dried rosemary, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to create the marinade.
- Place the salmon steaks in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over them. Make sure each steak is coated evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors meld.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil the grates.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade and grill for about 4-5 minutes per side, or until the salmon easily flakes with a fork and has beautiful grill marks.
- While grilling, drizzle the salmon with fresh lemon juice to enhance the flavors.
- Once done, transfer the salmon steaks to a serving platter, garnish with fresh parsley, and serve hot.
Time: 40 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Note: Nutrition information is approximate and may vary based on portion size and specific ingredients used.
- Calories: 315 kcal
- Protein: 34g
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- This dish pairs beautifully with a side of grilled vegetables or a fresh Italian salad.
- You can adjust the level of spiciness by adding more or less red pepper flakes.
- Make sure not to overcook the salmon to keep it tender and flavorful.
- This recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free, and nut-free. Please ensure that the individual ingredients used are safe for your specific dietary needs.