Background and History:
This Naan Bread Margherita Pizza with Prosciutto is a delightful fusion of Italian and Indian culinary traditions. The Margherita pizza itself is named after Queen Margherita of Italy and is known for its simple but flavorful ingredients. By using naan bread as the base, you’re adding an Indian twist to this classic.
- 2 pieces of naan bread
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2-4 slices of prosciutto
- Fresh basil leaves
- Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place the naan bread on a baking sheet.
- Spread a generous layer of tomato sauce on each naan.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella evenly over the sauce.
- Tear fresh basil leaves and place them on top of the cheese.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the pizza and season with salt and black pepper.
- Place the prosciutto slices on the pizzas.
- If you like some heat, sprinkle a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden, and the cheese is bubbling and slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool for a minute, then slice and serve.
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes
- Calories per serving: Approximately 380 calories
- Protein: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fat: 21g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 4g
- You can add other toppings like olives, mushrooms, or arugula for extra flavor.
- Prosciutto is a delicate and salty cured meat, which pairs wonderfully with the freshness of basil and the richness of mozzarella.
- Naan bread makes for a quick and convenient pizza crust.
Check for food allergies, especially with ingredients like prosciutto, and adjust the recipe accordingly.