Background and History:
Lemon Panko-Crusted Salmon is a delightful and healthy dish known for its combination of crispy textures and zesty flavors. Salmon, native to the North Atlantic, has been a cherished seafood staple for centuries. This dish combines fresh salmon with panko breadcrumbs for a crunchy crust, and the addition of zesty lemon zest and herbs provides a delightful contrast of tastes.
- 4 salmon fillets (6 oz each)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for cooking
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a bowl, mix the panko breadcrumbs, lemon zest, and chopped parsley.
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper.
- Dredge each fillet in flour, then dip into the beaten eggs.
- Coat the fillets with the panko mixture, pressing it gently to adhere.
- Heat olive oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place the salmon fillets in the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes until the crust turns golden brown.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through.
- Serve hot and garnish with additional lemon zest and parsley if desired.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories: 350
- Protein: 34g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fat: 12g
- Fiber: 2g
- This dish pairs perfectly with a fresh salad or steamed vegetables.
- Ensure the salmon fillets are boneless for easy consumption.
- If you have seafood allergies, please avoid this dish, as it contains salmon.