Background and History:
Mediterranean cuisine is renowned for its bold flavors and vibrant ingredients. This Mediterranean Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner brings a taste of the sunny Mediterranean coast to your home. The history of this dish is a testament to the wholesome and nutritious traditions of Mediterranean eating, celebrated for its health benefits.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken breasts, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, red onion, zucchini, and Kalamata olives.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the minced garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dried oregano, dried thyme, salt, and pepper to create a flavorful marinade.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and vegetables. Toss everything together to ensure an even coating.
- Place the chicken and vegetables on a large sheet pan, spreading them out evenly.
- Roast in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) and the vegetables are tender.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve hot.
- Preparation: 15 minutes
- Cooking: 25-30 minutes
Note: Nutritional values can vary based on specific ingredients and serving sizes.
- Calories: 350 per serving
- Protein: 30g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fat: 18g
- Fiber: 4g
- Feel free to customize this dish with your favorite Mediterranean ingredients, like artichoke hearts, feta cheese, or capers.
- Serve over a bed of couscous or quinoa for a heartier meal.
This Mediterranean Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner may contain ingredients that could trigger allergies, such as olives or nuts. Be mindful of your guests’ dietary restrictions.