Background and History:
Pepperoni pizza is a beloved classic, and this dip takes all the delicious flavors of pizza and transforms them into a crowd-pleasing appetizer. It’s perfect for parties, game days, or a cozy night in. The dish is believed to have originated in the United States, inspired by the timeless combination of pizza ingredients.
- 8 oz (226g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (240ml) pizza sauce
- 1 cup (120g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (60g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (60g) sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Sliced baguette, breadsticks, or tortilla chips for dipping
Time: 35 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, half of the shredded mozzarella, half of the grated Parmesan, oregano, and garlic powder. Mix until well combined.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly in the bottom of an oven-safe dish.
- Pour the pizza sauce over the cream cheese layer and spread it out to the edges.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses over the sauce.
- Arrange the pepperoni slices on top of the cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until the dip is bubbly and the cheese is golden and melted.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)
- Calories: 280
- Protein: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fat: 23g
- Fiber: 1g
- Customize your dip with your favorite pizza toppings, such as bell peppers, olives, or onions.
- Adjust the cooking time as needed to achieve your desired level of golden, bubbly goodness.
- This dish contains dairy (cream cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan) and wheat (baguette or breadsticks). Be cautious if you have allergies to these ingredients.