Background and History:
Sheet pan dinners are a contemporary solution for a hassle-free, yet delightful meal. The combination of lemon, butter, and garlic in this dish creates a rich and zesty flavor profile, enhancing the natural sweetness of shrimp and the earthiness of asparagus. It’s a simple and delicious choice for a quick weeknight dinner that’s sure to satisfy your taste buds.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 bunch asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- On a sheet pan, arrange the shrimp and asparagus.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, minced garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, dried thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle the butter mixture over the shrimp and asparagus.
- Toss everything to coat evenly.
- Roast in the preheated oven for approximately 12-15 minutes or until the shrimp are pink and opaque and the asparagus is tender.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired, and serve hot.
- Calories: Approximately 250 per serving
- Protein: Around 25g
- Carbohydrates: Approximately 6g
- Fat: About 15g
- Customize the seasoning with your favorite herbs and spices.
- Add a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese for extra richness.
- Serve with a side of quinoa, pasta, or crusty bread to complete the meal.
- Ensure that the ingredients used, such as butter or any added seasonings, do not contain allergens specific to your dietary requirements.
Experience the effortless elegance of this Sheet Pan Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp with Asparagus—a quick and zesty option for a weeknight dinner that combines the vibrant flavors of lemon and garlic with succulent shrimp and crisp asparagus.