Background and History:
The tradition of roasting vegetables in the Mediterranean dates back centuries, with its roots in Greek and Italian cuisine. Roasting enhances the natural flavors of vegetables, creating a harmonious dish that’s both delicious and healthy. This recipe brings a taste of the Mediterranean to your kitchen, combining a colorful variety of veggies with aromatic herbs and olive oil.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 4 cups mixed Mediterranean vegetables (e.g., bell peppers, zucchini, eggplant, cherry tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Feta cheese for garnish (optional)
- Fresh basil or parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- On a sheet pan, spread out the mixed Mediterranean vegetables.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, minced garlic, dried oregano, salt, pepper, and the zest and juice of one lemon.
- Drizzle the olive oil mixture over the vegetables and toss to coat evenly.
- Roast in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and slightly caramelized, stirring once or twice during cooking.
- Garnish with crumbled feta cheese and fresh basil or parsley, if desired.
- Calories: Approximately 150 per serving
- Carbohydrates: Around 15g
- Fat: About 10g
- Protein: Approximately 5g
- Customize the vegetable selection based on what’s in season or your preferences.
- Drizzle with a bit of extra olive oil and lemon juice before serving for added flavor.
- Serve as a side dish, with crusty bread, or over cooked quinoa for a heartier meal.
Savor the rich flavors of the Mediterranean with our Sheet Pan Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables—a simple and healthy dish inspired by the timeless culinary traditions of the region.