Background and History:
Crispy Rosemary Chicken and Fries is a classic comfort food dish that combines the love of fried chicken with the earthy aroma of rosemary-seasoned fries. While its origins are somewhat unclear, it takes inspiration from the rich tradition of fried chicken and the aromatic flavors of rosemary that have been enjoyed for generations.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 4 cups russet potatoes, cut into fries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- Cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a bowl, toss the potato fries with olive oil, half of the minced rosemary, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the seasoned fries in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- In one bowl, place the flour, and in another bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt, pepper, and the remaining minced rosemary.
- Dip each chicken thigh in the flour, then the egg, and back in the flour for a double coating.
- Place the coated chicken thighs on the same baking sheet with the fries.
- Lightly coat the chicken and fries with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 40-45 minutes, or until the chicken is golden brown and crispy, and the fries are tender.
- Calories: Approximately 450 per serving
- Protein: Around 25g
- Carbohydrates: Approximately 35g
- Fat: About 20g
- For extra crispiness, you can use a wire rack on the baking sheet to allow air circulation around the chicken.
- Customize the seasoning by adding your favorite herbs or spices to the flour.
- Serve with a side of coleslaw, or a dipping sauce of your choice.
- Contains eggs and wheat.
Enjoy the satisfying crunch and robust flavors of Crispy Rosemary Chicken and Fries, a comforting dish that combines the best of fried chicken with aromatic, herb-infused fries—a perfect treat for any day of the week.