Background and History:
Creamy Cottage Cheese Scrambled Eggs is a delightful twist on traditional scrambled eggs. While the exact origin of this dish is not well-documented, it’s a popular breakfast option enjoyed by those who appreciate the rich and velvety texture that cottage cheese adds to scrambled eggs. This dish provides a protein-packed start to your day.
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of cottage cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Optional toppings: chives, diced tomatoes, or shredded cheese
Time: 5 minutes (prep), 5 minutes (cooking)
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat them well. Add the cottage cheese, salt, and pepper, and stir until the mixture is evenly combined.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and add the butter. Allow it to melt and coat the pan.
- Pour the egg and cottage cheese mixture into the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggs are just set but still creamy. This should take about 3-4 minutes.
- Optional: Add your choice of toppings, such as chives, diced tomatoes, or shredded cheese, for added flavor and texture.
- Serve your Creamy Cottage Cheese Scrambled Eggs hot with toast or your favorite breakfast sides.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories: 215
- Protein: 18g
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 2g
- Cottage cheese adds a rich creaminess to scrambled eggs, making them extra fluffy and delicious.
- You can customize this dish with your favorite toppings like fresh herbs, salsa, or even a dash of hot sauce.
- Be cautious if you or your guests have dairy allergies, as both cottage cheese and butter are dairy products.
- If you have allergies to any of the ingredients, please check for potential cross-contamination or substitute as needed.
Enjoy your homemade Creamy Cottage Cheese Scrambled Eggs, a breakfast treat that’s both protein-packed and oh-so-delicious!