Background and History:
Steel-cut oats have a long history of being a hearty and nutritious breakfast staple. Traditionally, they’re made by chopping whole oat groats into small pieces, preserving their nutritional value and delivering a delicious, nutty flavor.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes (plus time for the Instant Pot to pressurize)
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Fresh fruits, nuts, or seeds for toppings
- Add steel-cut oats, water, and salt to the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid, set the vent to sealing, and select the “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” mode for 10 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Carefully switch the vent to “Venting” to release any remaining pressure.
- Stir in honey or maple syrup if desired.
- Serve your Instant Pot Steel-Cut Oats hot with your favorite toppings like fresh fruits, nuts, or seeds.
Nutrition Facts: (Per serving, without toppings)
- Calories: 150
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugars: 0g
- Fat: 2g
- Steel-cut oats provide a fantastic source of fiber and have a lower glycemic index compared to rolled oats.
- Customize your oats with various toppings such as sliced bananas, berries, chopped nuts, or a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- This Instant Pot method ensures a convenient and creamy oatmeal consistency.
Please be cautious of any allergies to specific ingredients. Always check for individual dietary restrictions and allergies before serving.