Background and History:
Roasting chicken with lemon is a timeless and flavorful culinary tradition. The zesty acidity of lemon infuses the tender chicken with bright, fresh flavors, making it a beloved classic in the world of poultry dishes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 1 whole chicken (about 4 pounds)
- 2 lemons
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary (or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Wash the chicken and pat it dry with paper towels.
- Cut one lemon in half and squeeze the juice over the chicken, then place the squeezed lemon halves inside the chicken’s cavity.
- Rub the chicken with minced garlic, olive oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Ensure the chicken is evenly coated with these seasonings.
- Slice the second lemon into rounds and arrange them on top of the chicken.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan or on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven for about 1 hour or until the chicken’s internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) and the skin is golden brown.
- Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- Calories: Approximately 350 per serving
- Protein: Around 30g
- Carbohydrates: Approximately 3g
- Fat: About 25g
- You can customize the seasoning with your favorite herbs and spices.
- Serve the chicken with a side of roasted vegetables, a fresh green salad, or mashed potatoes.
- Be cautious of potential allergens in the ingredients used, and consider specific dietary requirements.
Indulge in the timeless flavors and simplicity of Lemon-Roasted Chicken, a classic dish that pairs tender, juicy chicken with the zesty brightness of lemon. This recipe offers a satisfying and flavorful approach to poultry that’s perfect for an elegant dinner or a family meal.