Mediterranean Turkey Meatball Sheet Pan Dinner
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped kalamata olives
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Tzatziki sauce for serving
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, breadcrumbs, feta cheese, parsley, chopped red onion, chopped olives, egg, cumin, coriander, salt, and black pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Form the mixture into small meatballs, about 1 to 1.5 inches in diameter. You should get around 16 meatballs from this mixture.
- Place the meatballs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the cherry tomatoes, sliced red and yellow bell peppers, and sliced red onion. Drizzle with olive oil, then add dried oregano, dried thyme, and crushed red pepper flakes. Toss to coat the vegetables with the seasonings.
- Place the seasoned vegetables on the same baking sheet as the meatballs. Spread them out evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through (internal temperature of 165°F or 74°C) and the vegetables are tender.
- Serve the Mediterranean turkey meatballs and roasted vegetables with tzatziki sauce.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories: 340
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 29g
- You can customize this recipe by adding other Mediterranean-inspired ingredients like crumbled feta, cucumber, or fresh mint to your tzatziki sauce.
- If you prefer a spicy kick, increase the amount of crushed red pepper flakes to your liking.
- This dish is great with pita bread or couscous on the side.
- Be cautious if anyone consuming this meal has allergies to dairy, egg, or olives, and adjust the ingredients accordingly.