Background and History:
One Pan Orecchiette Pasta is a quick and convenient Italian dish that gained popularity due to its simplicity and delicious flavor. Orecchiette, which means “little ears” in Italian, is a type of pasta with a unique shape that captures sauce beautifully. This dish showcases the harmony of pasta, vegetables, and aromatic herbs in one pan, making it a beloved choice for busy home cooks.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
- 12 ounces orecchiette pasta
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese for serving (optional)
- In a large skillet or pan, combine the orecchiette pasta, halved cherry tomatoes, sliced red onion, and minced garlic.
- Pour the vegetable broth over the ingredients and drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until the pasta is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in the fresh basil leaves and chopped parsley.
- Remove from heat and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Serve your One Pan Orecchiette Pasta with optional grated Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts: (Per serving, without Parmesan cheese)
- Calories: 350
- Protein: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 65g
- Fat: 6g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugars: 5g
- Feel free to customize this dish with your favorite vegetables or herbs.
- For added richness, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese before serving.
- Orecchiette pasta can be found in most grocery stores and specialty Italian markets.
Please be cautious of any allergies to specific ingredients, especially wheat and dairy. Always check for individual dietary restrictions and allergies before serving.