Background and History:
Pickle Brine Chicken is a mouthwatering dish that combines the tangy and savory flavors of pickle juice with tender and juicy chicken. This innovative recipe has gained popularity in recent years, as it offers a unique way to infuse flavor into your poultry. While the history of this dish is relatively recent, its deliciousness is undeniable.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes (plus marinating time)
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup pickle brine (from a jar of dill pickles)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cooking oil (vegetable or canola) for frying
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pickle brine and buttermilk.
- Place the chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag and pour the pickle brine mixture over them.
- Seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight for maximum flavor.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour with paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Remove the chicken from the pickle brine and let any excess liquid drip off.
- Coat the chicken breasts with the seasoned flour mixture, pressing it onto the chicken to ensure an even coating.
- Heat about 1/2 inch of cooking oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Carefully place the chicken in the hot oil and fry for about 4-5 minutes per side, or until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and place it on paper towels to drain any excess oil.
- Serve your Pickle Brine Chicken hot with your favorite sides.
Nutrition Facts: (Per serving, without sides)
- Calories: 350
- Protein: 30g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fat: 15g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 1g
- You can use pickle brine from any type of pickles, but dill pickle brine is a popular choice.
- Adjust the seasoning in the flour mixture to suit your taste.
- Serve your Pickle Brine Chicken with coleslaw, pickles, or a dipping sauce of your choice.
Please be cautious of any allergies to specific ingredients, especially dairy and pickles. Always check for individual dietary restrictions and allergies before serving.