Background and History:
Scrambled Eggs and Tomatoes is a classic breakfast dish that combines the richness of scrambled eggs with the vibrant flavors of ripe tomatoes. This simple and satisfying recipe has been enjoyed in various cultures worldwide, with each region adding its own unique twist to the dish.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs (e.g., parsley or chives) for garnish (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and garlic and sauté until they become translucent and fragrant.
- Add the diced tomatoes to the skillet and cook for a few minutes until they start to soften.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the beaten eggs over the tomatoes in the skillet. Gently stir the mixture to combine the eggs and tomatoes.
- Continue to cook and stir the eggs until they reach your desired level of doneness. Some people prefer soft and creamy scrambled eggs, while others like them well-done.
- Once the eggs are cooked to your liking, remove the skillet from the heat.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, if desired.
- Serve hot and enjoy your Scrambled Eggs and Tomatoes!
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
(Please note that nutrition facts can vary based on the specific ingredients and quantities used.)
- Calories: 210
- Protein: 12g
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 370mg
- You can customize this dish with additional ingredients like bell peppers, spinach, or cheese.
- Serve the scrambled eggs with toasted bread or warm tortillas for a complete meal.
- Check for egg allergies if serving to guests.
- Adjust ingredients to accommodate specific allergies or dietary preferences.