Background and History:
Sea Bass Barbecue is a delightful and flavorful dish that brings together the savory taste of sea bass with the smoky goodness of a barbecue. While there isn’t an elaborate historical background to this dish, barbecuing seafood has a rich tradition in many coastal cultures. Sea bass, known for its tender flesh and mild flavor, is a perfect candidate for this cooking method.
- 4 sea bass fillets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Fresh herbs (such as parsley or thyme) for garnish
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, paprika, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper. This mixture will serve as the marinade for the sea bass.
- Place the sea bass fillets in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over them. Ensure the fillets are evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors meld.
- Preheat your barbecue grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil the grates to prevent sticking.
- Remove the sea bass fillets from the marinade and grill them for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork and has beautiful grill marks.
- While grilling, baste the sea bass with any leftover marinade to keep it moist and flavorful.
- Once done, remove the sea bass from the grill and let it rest for a couple of minutes.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and fresh herbs before serving.
Time: 45 minutes (including marinating time)
Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes
Nutrition Facts (Approximate):
- Calories: 230 per serving
- Protein: 30g
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sea bass is a versatile fish; you can use different herbs and spices for your marinade to suit your taste.
- Make sure to oil the grill grates well and preheat the grill to prevent sticking.
- Feel free to add some vegetables alongside the sea bass on the grill for a complete barbecue meal.
Please be aware of seafood allergies, especially if serving this dish to guests. Always inquire about any dietary restrictions or allergies before preparing the meal.