Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 4 tuna steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Season the tuna steaks with salt and black pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the tuna steaks to the skillet and sear for about 2-3 minutes per side, or to your desired level of doneness. Remove the tuna from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add minced garlic and sauté for about a minute until fragrant.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, then pour in the heavy cream and add dried thyme, rosemary, basil, and oregano. Stir and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Return the seared tuna to the skillet, spooning the creamy sauce over the steaks. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over the tuna steaks and let it melt.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories: 410
- Protein: 39g
- Fat: 26g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 0g
- You can adjust the herbs and seasonings according to your taste preferences.
- Tuna steaks are best when served medium-rare to medium for a tender and juicy texture.
- This recipe contains dairy (heavy cream and Parmesan cheese).