Background and History:
Sheet Pan Balsamic Pork Tenderloin with Rainbow Vegetables is a modern twist on a classic roasted pork dish. While roasting meat and vegetables together has a long culinary history, the use of balsamic vinegar and a colorful array of vegetables adds a contemporary flair. This dish is not only visually appealing but also a delicious, one-pan meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups bell peppers (assorted colors), sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a sheet pan with aluminum foil, lightly greased with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, minced garlic, dried oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Place the pork tenderloin in the center of the sheet pan and arrange the cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, red onion, and zucchini around it.
- Drizzle the balsamic mixture over the pork and vegetables, making sure to coat them evenly.
- Roast in the preheated oven for approximately 20-25 minutes or until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C) and the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the oven and let the pork rest for a few minutes before slicing.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves, if desired.
Nutrition Facts: (Per serving)
- Calories: 310
- Protein: 29g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fat: 14g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugars: 10g
- The combination of balsamic vinegar, garlic, and oregano creates a flavorful marinade that elevates both the pork and vegetables.
- You can customize the vegetable selection based on your preferences or what’s in season.
- Make sure to use a meat thermometer to ensure the pork is cooked to a safe internal temperature.
Please be cautious of any allergies to specific ingredients. Always check for individual dietary restrictions and allergies before serving.