Background and History:
Sheet pan dinners are a contemporary answer to the quest for quick, convenient, and delicious meals. This particular dish combines smoked sausage, sweet apples, and hearty root vegetables, offering a balance of flavors and textures that make it perfect for a cozy weeknight dinner during the fall and winter seasons.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 12 ounces smoked sausage (kielbasa or your choice)
- 2 apples (e.g., Granny Smith), cored and sliced
- 4 cups mixed root vegetables (e.g., carrots, sweet potatoes, parsnips), peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Slice the smoked sausage into rounds.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sliced sausage, apples, and mixed root vegetables.
- Drizzle with olive oil and maple syrup, then sprinkle dried thyme, salt, and pepper. Toss until well coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and slightly caramelized, and the sausage is browned.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
- Calories: Approximately 400 per serving
- Protein: Around 12g
- Carbohydrates: Approximately 35g
- Fat: About 25g
- Choose your preferred type of smoked sausage for a personalized touch.
- Use a mix of colorful root vegetables to add visual appeal to the dish.
- Drizzle extra maple syrup before serving for a touch of sweetness.
- Depending on the type of sausage used, this dish may contain allergens such as pork, so be cautious if you have allergies to specific meats.
Savor the cozy comfort of this Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage, Apple, and Root Veggie Dinner, a hassle-free and flavorful option for a satisfying fall or winter evening meal.