Background and History:
Shrimp and vegetable sheet pan dinners are a modern twist on the classic concept of roasting. They offer a convenient way to prepare a balanced meal in one pan. Combining succulent shrimp with an array of seasonal vegetables, this dish is a delight for both your taste buds and your busy schedule.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups mixed vegetables (zucchini, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, red onions)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shrimp, mixed vegetables, olive oil, minced garlic, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Toss everything together until the ingredients are evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Place lemon slices on top of the shrimp and vegetables.
- Roast in the preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes or until the shrimp are pink and cooked through, and the vegetables are tender. You can broil for an additional 2-3 minutes for a touch of char.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, and serve hot.
- Calories: 250 per serving
- Protein: 20g
- Carbs: 15g
- Fat: 12g
- Customize the vegetables to your preferences or seasonal availability.
- Serve this dish with a side of quinoa, rice, or a crusty bread for a more substantial meal.
- Drizzle with a little extra olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice for added flavor just before serving.
- Contains shellfish (shrimp).
Enjoy the simplicity and deliciousness of this Shrimp and Vegetable Sheet Pan Dinner, a perfect choice for a healthy and hassle-free weeknight meal.