Background and History:
Tomato Basil Salmon is a delightful dish that combines the richness of salmon with the vibrant flavors of tomatoes and fresh basil. While it might not have a long history, it embodies the essence of Mediterranean cuisine, where these ingredients are celebrated.
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a baking dish, combine the cherry tomatoes, basil, minced garlic, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon fillets on top of the tomato mixture.
- Drizzle a little more olive oil over the salmon and season with additional salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve hot, garnished with extra fresh basil.
- Serving Size: 1 fillet with tomato mixture
- Calories: 350
- Total Fat: 18g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Sodium: 120mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 6g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 35g
- You can adjust the amount of fresh basil to your taste; some prefer a more pronounced basil flavor.
- Serve the Tomato Basil Salmon with a side of steamed vegetables or over a bed of cooked quinoa for a complete meal.
This dish contains fish (salmon) and may also contain allergens depending on the preparation and any accompanying ingredients. Check for individual allergies and adjust the recipe as needed.