Background and History:
Chicken, Sausage, Peppers, and Potatoes is a beloved Italian-American dish that marries the flavors of tender chicken, savory sausages, sweet bell peppers, and hearty potatoes. Its roots trace back to the traditional Italian recipes brought to the United States by Italian immigrants. Over time, this dish has evolved into a comforting and flavorful one-pan meal that’s perfect for gatherings and family dinners.
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 4 Italian sausages (sweet or hot, as per your preference)
- 4 large potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken thighs, sausages, potatoes, red bell peppers, and onions.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the mixture and add the minced garlic, dried oregano, dried thyme, salt, and pepper. Toss everything together, ensuring that all ingredients are well coated with the seasonings and oil.
- Transfer the mixture to a large, oven-safe roasting pan or a baking sheet.
- Arrange the chicken and sausages on top, making sure they’re evenly distributed.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and roast for about 45-50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, and the potatoes are golden and crispy. You can also broil for an additional 5 minutes to get a nice, crispy skin on the chicken.
- Once done, garnish with chopped fresh parsley, and your Chicken, Sausage, Peppers, and Potatoes is ready to serve.
- Calories: 650 per serving
- Protein: 35g
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Fat: 39g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 6g
- Feel free to use sweet or hot Italian sausages, depending on your spice preference.
- You can add extra vegetables like zucchini, cherry tomatoes, or green beans for more variety.
- Serve with crusty bread to soak up the delicious juices.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Ensure that the sausages you use do not contain any allergens specific to your dietary needs.