Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup your favorite Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl, combine diced tomatoes, chicken broth, Italian dressing, grated Parmesan cheese, dried oregano, dried basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken breasts in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours, until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
- About 30 minutes before serving, add fresh spinach to the slow cooker and gently stir it into the sauce.
- Just before serving, sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Cover and let the cheese melt for a few minutes.
- Serve the Crockpot Italian Chicken over cooked pasta, rice, or with some crusty bread for a delicious meal.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Please note that nutrition values may vary based on specific ingredients and portion sizes.
- Calories: 300
- Total Fat: 11g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Sodium: 950mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 15g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 5g
- Protein: 32g
- You can customize this dish with your favorite Italian dressing, making it as mild or zesty as you prefer.
- Add some sliced mushrooms, black olives, or roasted red peppers for extra flavor and variety.
- Don’t be shy with the spinach; it wilts down during cooking, so you can add more than you think.
- Ensure the chicken reaches a safe internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) before serving.
- Check the pasta or rice’s cooking time to have everything ready at the same time.
Please be cautious of any allergies you or your guests may have to dairy, gluten, or other specific ingredients in this recipe. You can adapt it to suit your dietary needs by choosing appropriate substitutions.