Background and History:
Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken is a modern Italian-inspired dish that brings together the flavors of Tuscany. This delightful dish combines tender chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, and aromatic herbs, creating a comforting and flavorful meal that’s a favorite for busy weeknights.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 4-6 hours (slow cooker)
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker and season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- In a bowl, mix the chicken broth, heavy cream, sun-dried tomatoes, chopped onion, and minced garlic.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
- In the last 30 minutes of cooking, add the fresh spinach to the slow cooker. It will wilt as it cooks.
- Serve the Tuscan chicken over cooked pasta, rice, or with crusty bread.
- Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil if desired.
- Calories: Approximately 300-400 per serving
- Protein: Around 25g
- Carbohydrates: Approximately 10g
- Fat: About 20g
- You can customize this dish by adding mushrooms, artichoke hearts, or olives for extra flavor.
- Adjust the cooking time based on your slow cooker’s settings.
- Be cautious of potential allergens in the ingredients used, and consider specific dietary requirements.
Enjoy the comforting and aromatic flavors of Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken, a dish that combines the essence of Italy with the convenience of slow cooking. Perfect for family dinners or entertaining, this recipe is sure to become a household favorite.