Background and History:
Pesto Chicken Bake is a delightful and modern twist on traditional Italian cuisine. Pesto, with its rich history dating back to ancient Rome, has been a beloved sauce for centuries. When combined with tender chicken breasts, it creates a flavorful and comforting dish that’s perfect for any occasion.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup basil pesto sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place them in a baking dish.
- Spread a generous layer of pesto sauce over each chicken breast.
- Scatter the cherry tomatoes around the chicken in the baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (reaches an internal temperature of 165°F or 74°C).
- Remove the dish from the oven and sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the chicken.
- Return to the oven for an additional 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves, if desired.
- Calories: Approximately 350 per serving
- Protein: Around 30g
- Carbohydrates: Approximately 5g
- Fat: About 20g
- Pesto is incredibly versatile. You can make your own pesto or choose from various store-bought options, such as basil, sun-dried tomato, or spinach pesto.
- This dish pairs well with pasta, rice, or a side salad for a complete meal.
- Be cautious of potential allergens in the pesto sauce or other ingredients used, and consider specific dietary requirements.
Savor the modern Italian flavors of Pesto Chicken Bake, a delightful dish that combines the timeless appeal of pesto with tender chicken and gooey mozzarella. Perfect for weeknight dinners or special occasions, this recipe offers a quick and flavorful meal with a contemporary twist.