Background and History:
Sheet pan dinners have become a modern go-to for busy cooks. This dish pairs the succulence of chicken thighs with the earthy goodness of Brussels sprouts. While sheet pan meals are a contemporary culinary trend, the combination of roasted chicken and vegetables has long been cherished in home kitchens around the world.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- On a sheet pan, combine the trimmed and halved Brussels sprouts with olive oil, minced garlic, dried thyme, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- Arrange the chicken thighs on top of the Brussels sprouts, skin side up.
- Roast in the preheated oven for approximately 30-35 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is crispy.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking, sprinkle the lemon zest over the chicken.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
- Calories: Approximately 400 per serving
- Protein: Around 30g
- Carbohydrates: Approximately 10g
- Fat: About 25g
- Customize the seasoning with your favorite herbs and spices.
- For an extra touch of freshness, you can squeeze lemon juice over the dish before serving.
- Consider adding other vegetables like carrots, sweet potatoes, or asparagus to the mix for variety.
- Be mindful of potential allergens in the ingredients used and specific dietary requirements.
Enjoy the convenience and rich flavors of Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs with Brussels Sprouts, a contemporary twist on the timeless combination of roasted chicken and vegetables. This easy and savory meal is perfect for a wholesome dinner.