Background and History:
Sheet pan chicken dinners have become a beloved option for busy home cooks. The concept is simple: arrange chicken, vegetables, and seasonings on a single sheet pan, then roast to perfection. This method’s roots trace back to the “traybake” dishes of British cuisine, but its popularity has since spread worldwide.
- Chicken: Opt for boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thighs, or drumsticks.
- Vegetables: Mix and match fresh vegetables like bell peppers, broccoli, carrots, and potatoes.
- Seasonings: Common choices include olive oil, minced garlic, herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano), salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Extras: Some recipes call for additional ingredients like lemon wedges, honey, soy sauce, or balsamic vinegar.
- Preparation: 10 minutes
- Cooking: 25-30 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 lb small potatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or lightly grease it.
- In a bowl, combine the sliced red bell peppers, broccoli florets, baby carrots, and halved potatoes. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- Place the chicken breasts on the prepared sheet pan. Rub them with the remaining olive oil, minced garlic, dried rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange the marinated vegetables around the chicken, ensuring they are spread out evenly. If desired, add lemon wedges for extra flavor.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) and the vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
- Serve hot and enjoy your delicious sheet pan chicken dinner!
- Calories: 320 per serving
- Protein: 30g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fat: 12g
- Fiber: 5g
- Experiment with different vegetables, herbs, and seasonings to create your unique sheet pan chicken dinner.
- Ensure the chicken is cooked through, and the juices run clear.
- Sheet pan dinners are versatile and easily customizable to suit your preferences.
Adjust the recipe according to your dietary needs, considering potential allergens like gluten, soy (in soy sauce), or specific seasonings.