Background and History:
Sheet pan roasted vegetables are a culinary innovation born from the desire for convenience and flavor. This cooking technique traces its roots to the mid-20th century, becoming increasingly popular for its simplicity and health benefits.
- Assorted vegetables (e.g., bell peppers, zucchini, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Seasonings (e.g., garlic powder, rosemary, thyme)
- Optional: balsamic vinegar, grated Parmesan cheese
Time: 10 minutes (prep), 25 minutes (cooking)
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a sheet pan with parchment paper or lightly grease it.
- Wash and chop your vegetables into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss the vegetables with olive oil, salt, pepper, and your choice of seasonings. Mix well to coat them evenly.
- Spread the seasoned vegetables in a single layer on the prepared sheet pan.
- Roast in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and slightly caramelized. You can toss them once during cooking for even browning.
- Remove from the oven, and if desired, drizzle with balsamic vinegar or sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese for added flavor.
Nutrition Facts: (Per serving)
- Calories: 120
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 4g
- Fat: 6g
- Vitamin C: 130% of the recommended daily intake
- Use a variety of colorful vegetables to make your dish visually appealing and maximize nutrients.
- Feel free to experiment with different seasonings to suit your taste.
- Serve as a side dish, over couscous, or as a topping for a leafy green salad.
This dish is naturally gluten-free, dairy-free, and nut-free. However, if you have specific allergies, ensure that your chosen seasonings and additional ingredients are safe for your consumption.