Background and History:
Pan-roasted chicken with lemon-garlic Brussels sprouts and potatoes is a modern and delightful twist on classic comfort food. The dish combines succulent chicken with the earthy goodness of Brussels sprouts and the satisfying heartiness of potatoes, creating a harmonious blend of flavors and textures.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 35-45 minutes
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 pound baby potatoes, halved
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken thighs, Brussels sprouts, and baby potatoes.
- In a separate bowl, mix minced garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, dried thyme, salt, and pepper to create the marinade.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and vegetables and toss to coat evenly.
- Arrange the chicken and vegetables in a large ovenproof skillet or a roasting pan.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) and the vegetables are tender and browned.
- Garnish with fresh parsley before serving, if desired.
- Calories: Approximately 400 per serving
- Protein: Around 30g
- Carbohydrates: Approximately 30g
- Fat: About 20g
- You can use chicken breasts or drumsticks instead of chicken thighs if preferred.
- Customize the dish by adding other favorite vegetables like carrots or red onion.
- Be mindful of potential allergens in the ingredients used, and consider specific dietary requirements.
Enjoy the delicious harmony of Pan-Roasted Chicken with Lemon-Garlic Brussels Sprouts and Potatoes, a contemporary twist on classic comfort food that marries succulent chicken with the earthy goodness of Brussels sprouts and the hearty comfort of potatoes. Perfect for family dinners and special occasions.